Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Who really cares about X Plane?

General Discussions
Dastardly
Passenger

Who really cares about X Plane?

Post by Dastardly » 28 Nov 2016, 08:41

The outside views are incredible! The VC suck. Enough said? Let's keep Spad. Next a focus upon FSX an especially P3D.

tennshadow
First Officer

Re: Who really cares about X Plane?

Post by tennshadow » 28 Nov 2016, 16:51

That of course is just your opinion which you're entitled to. I really like X-Plane and am glad Spad.Next is supporting it. I have been slowly moving over to it over the past few months. I've had less CTDs and other issues with X-Plane and that is why I'm slowing moving over. The IXEG 737-300 is a very nice addon which is close to PMDG quality. If P3D would move to a 64-bit platform then I may move back as P3D as they have the market on quality addons. Until that happens I'm going to continue using X-Plane.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 28 Nov 2016, 18:04

x-plane is ok, but the add-ons for me is a must personally. Will have to try out x-plane 11 beta and see if there has been any improvements....
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

tennshadow
First Officer

Post by tennshadow » 28 Nov 2016, 18:57

thedazman wrote:x-plane is ok, but the add-ons for me is a must personally. Will have to try out x-plane 11 beta and see if there has been any improvements....
That is the exact reason I haven't converted 100%. I'm waiting on quality, study level, aircraft like PMDG. I think if LR keeps up the with what they are doing with version 11 we will start to see more FSX/P3D developers supporting X-Plane. Right now I tend to do my long hauls in X-Plane and I have over loaded it with high quality airports and scenery. I love the NGX if do those flights in P3D. If IXEG had did an NG instead of a classic I would have just moved over already.

Be careful on the beta in it's current state. Their #1 bug is on performance which they are aware of and will fix before the final version. Some users are having good performance and others are not. I guess it just depends on your system.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 28 Nov 2016, 19:13

I have lot of gfx problems in Beta ... most gauges just show snow ;)

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 29 Nov 2016, 23:37

Solid 30 fps even with max detail. 3D cockpits are awesome as is the cockpit lighting.

That's the good, now the not so good

I can't calibrate any of my leobodnar axis and the airplanes handle like something out of a space shooter with totally unrealistic movement and oh that sound originally recorded on a Commodore 64

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

airman32
Flight Attendant

Post by airman32 » 14 Dec 2016, 23:18

I've been fiddling around with X-Plane Beta 2 for the past week and really like the improvements over XP10. The graphics are being worked on which is an improvement from bata 1. The B737-800 looks really good but the cockpit needs a lot of work to get to PMDG level. A lot of the airport sceneries are outstanding (even the freeware) but the ATC is somewhat bothersome and repetitive. Flying IFR is cumbersome since the controller waits for the last minute to assign a runway and vectors. All in all, once they get done with the final product it would be a good simulator and worth the money. Many of the pay ware add-ons for FSX and P3D are already built in to the XP11 simulator which is a good thing. Frame rates are good now ( I get 30+FPS) but will be better once the program gets optimized on the final version. P3D developers stated that it will be a long time before they go 64 bit and will be a massive overhaul to get there.
Give the beta a try and see for yourself....

rlbomber
Flight Attendant

Post by rlbomber » 18 Dec 2016, 04:56

Sorry but tried the Xplane 11 demo and found it to be far wosre in frame rates compared to FSX with Orbex installed. I'm running a I7 4790k overclocked to 4.7 and a 1070 nvidia card and did not expect it to be so bad. It looks like Iwill be sticking with FSX.

yair1956
Passenger

Post by yair1956 » 26 Dec 2016, 19:51

tennshadow wrote:That of course is just your opinion which you're entitled to. I really like X-Plane and am glad Spad.Next is supporting it. I have been slowly moving over to it over the past few months. I've had less CTDs and other issues with X-Plane and that is why I'm slowing moving over. The IXEG 737-300 is a very nice addon which is close to PMDG quality. If P3D would move to a 64-bit platform then I may move back as P3D as they have the market on quality addons. Until that happens I'm going to continue using X-Plane.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I think lot of folks with the intention of running PD3 64bit are not realizing that their "Investments" on all those wonderful add-ons will be in jeopardy. It will give developers a chance to come out with better product, but upgrading, will require further investment